A new direction

So my wonderful, amazing and sexy fiancé and I have decided to make ourselves food critics.  Now, we have some credentials when it comes to food and drink.  I am a chef and she is a longtime restaurant person and bartender.  We both work in NYC at up scale restaurants.  We use these as our bases or guidelines for our critiques.

So for our first run, we went to Osso Bucco on 93rd and 3rd.  We got a deal from Amazon for 2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, a bottle of wine and coffee all for $55 for two people! So going into this, I thought it's gonna be "ok."  Well, I will tell you this- the food was better then good... not great, but Good!  We had the mussels which were supposed to be in a white wine sauce but came out in red sauce, and it was delicious.  My fiancé got the osso bucco salad which was pretty good.  Then for main courses we got the lamb shank and the bronzino.  Both were good portions and delicious.  For dessert we got tiramissu and cheesecake.  They were both very good.  We had a choice of malbec or pinot grigio - we went with the malbec.  It was from 2011, but it was good.  All in all we had a great dining experience and for the deal it could not be beat.  We will definitely go back again.
My fiancés review will be on her blog site Sallyforth.net.  Her review will include pics of the food.  Please check it out.  Thanks.

2 comments:

chron·i·cles said...

We want more posts!!

Kalee said...

I second that- where you been homes