A little background information

     So my wonderful fiancé is a pretty amazing blogger and pretty amazing at everything else too.  So I was very excited at the chance to have a sweet blog.
     My name is Matthew and I have been a working chef for about 7 years now.  I cooked before then, dabbled in the stock trade and a few other enterprises.  I am currently working as a Sous chef in midtown.  I have been almost everything that you can be in a restaurant.  From dishwasher to executive chef.  I believe that having an understanding for every position will make you a well rounded and understanding manager.
     I went to culinary school at the FCI, French Culinary Institute which is where I received my classical training.  When I say classical training I mean the French terms for different kinds of cuts and you mother sauces.  I received my real life training in many kitchens in New York.  I have worked in so many places over my career that it is hard to even recollect.

   For a few years I followed a great chef around who until this day I consider my mentor is so many ways. He taught me how to run a kitchen and everything else that it takes to make it in this cut throat world of cooking.  I have taught myself a good deal more.  I remain open minded and learn something new everyday from everyone that I work with.  I stay away from the fufu kitchen network as much as possible.  It made every kid with nothing better to do attempt to become a chef.  For the record I despise the food network especially Rachel Ray and Emeril. They make me sick.  Ok that is the end of my rant.  Thanks for listening.

0 comments: