Sunday Funday

So anyone who has worked in a kitchen, who has worked on a Sunday knows they can be great or they can be the worst fucking thing ever!  I like Sunday's because they are usually a little slower I get to catch up on whatever the guy who worked yesterday didn't do.  So today was one of those fuck the guy who worked yesterday.  I came in to a note that said "do you want the good news or the bad news?" Then I read the note and was like "where the fuck is the good news?" So as I put on my headphones ( a luxury I afford myself to keep my sanity) and begin to start cleaning up this mess.  I get a look at our reservations to see a 20 top party with no notes no party menus nothing.  Great.  I look at the inventory of my cut meat and say OK! Now I start to get a little mad.  But hey I am fucking superman no problem.  So much work to do so little time.  The one thing that brightened up my whole night was a picture of my fiancé trying on wedding dresses.  I was instantly transformed into the chef who needs to do the best job possible so that I can give this woman the world.  So game on and fuck the guy who worked yesterday.

0 comments: